According to police investigators, Lovero and Intig were homebound when eight unidentified suspects fired at them around 3:30 p.m. on May 17. BACOLOD City – Two persons were shot in Barangay San Isidro, Toboso, Negros Occidental, a police report showed. Police identified them as Lucito Lovero and Jolen Intig – all residents of the village. The victims were brought to the Vicente Gustilo District Hospital in Escalante City for medical treatment. Officers of the Toboso municipal police station have yet to identify the suspects and the motive in the incident./PN
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – PETRONAS Canada presented the United Way of Northern B.C. with a $50,000 donation on November 6.According to Mahvish Parvez, of the United Way of Northern B.C., the money will go toward the pillar ‘From Poverty to Possibility’ to be allocated to the Northeast, particularly Fort St. John.Parvez says the donation will enable the United Way of Northern B.C. to help those struggling to attain financial stability and provide access to local organizations working to eradicate hunger, homelessness and enhance employability.- Advertisement -“We are very thankful for PETRONAS Canada’s generosity with this donation. This amount will enable us to fill the funding gaps and assist even more individuals and families living animpoverished life. PETRONAS Canada’s community‐mindedness commendable ‐ the staff of Fort St. John office regularly volunteer for our Day of Caring initiative as well.”The United Way says it positively affects 1 in 3 people through their impact work in the region; empowering other non‐profit agencies and advocating the unique needs of the Northern B.C. region.For more information on the United Way of Northern B.C., you can visit unitedwaynbc.ca.Advertisement
A Donegal TD has called on the government to ‘wake up’ to the home help crisis and address current delays for services.Pat the Cope Gallagher has criticised a lack of increase in home help hours over the past year after learning of underlying policies in the HSE which impact allocation figures.“It currently takes almost 14 weeks to avail of home help hours and even then it may well be just recycled hours from other patients that since then, may have passed on or moved permanently into care homes or hospitals. Very little new or additional hours have been in reality allocated,” said Pat the Cope. The number of direct delivery home help hours in Donegal for 2018 was 736,345, up from 667,461 in 2017 and 670,931 in 2016.The current average waiting time in the county is 13.8 weeks.However, in a HSE response received by the Fianna Fáil TD, it was revealed that increased hours must encompass all and any additional costs, not just hours.“This could include staff salaries, increments, training, annual leave, sick leave, recruitment, PPE etc. Any new or additional services must be met within the pay component,” said the General Manager for Services for Older Persons in the CHO 1 area. Pat the Cope said he is ‘at a loss’ as to what is happening between the Department of Health, Government and the HSE.He claims that extra hours were absorbed into increased running costs and other employment requirements, adding: “The reality is insufficient hours are being allocated in the broader scheme of things, whereby proper planning of the current demand and projected need is not adequately factored in before allocations are made, nor are sufficient extra hours allocated to meet the current demand of those employed within the scheme in order to meet the employment commitments.”Deputy Gallagher said that home help schemes are “grossly underfunded” and “massively oversubscribed”.“Demand grossly outstrips supply of home help hours and the situation is going to get worse unless the Government wake up the crises which is on their doorstep regarding home help hours and the service of providing assistance to those that wish to remain in their own homes as opposed to full time care in our community hospitals or care homes,” concluded Pat the Cope.Wake up call needed on 14-week wait for home help, says TD was last modified: July 16th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Minister urges TCI public to get ready for Hurricane Season Recommended for you TCI Tourism plan ready in case of Hurricane Cheque to support TCI Red Cross from Scotiabank Related Items:#magneticmedianews, hurricane season, RFA Mounts Bay, Royal Navy Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Grand Turk, TCI July 18, 2017 — The visit of the Royal Navy ship, RFA Mounts Bay, which was scheduled to dock in TCI yesterday, has been postponed indefinitely. A press release from the Governor’s office said the ship’s delay was due to unforseen circumstances. A new date for the ship’s arrival has not yet been announced.The ship was deployed to assist the United Kingdom’s Caribbean overseas territories during the 2017 hurricane season. The crew along with a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief team have already visited the Cayman Islands and Jamaica. The Disaster Management and Emergency Services, Emergency Medical Services and Public Works Department and the TCI Royal Police Force will all be working in partnership with the crew to assess hurricane preparedness and post-hurricane relief.#MagneticMediaNews#RFAMountsBay#HurricaneSeason
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, October 20, 2017 – Nassau – THIS IS A PUBLIC FORECAST FOR TODAY AND TONIGHT FRIDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2017 ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY AT 6AMGENERAL SITUATION: A FRONTAL BOUNDARY COMBINED WITH TROUGHING ACROSS THE LOW TO MID LEVELS OF THE NORTHWEST AND CENTRAL BAHAMAS CONTINUES TO PRODUCE UNSETTLED WEATHER ACROSS THE AREA.SPECIAL WARNINGS: MARINERS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF WATERSPOUT ACTIVITY ESPECIALLY IN THE VICINITY OF THE TROUGH AND FRONTAL BOUNDARY.NORTHWEST BAHAMASWEATHER: PARTLY CLOUDY, HOT AND BREEZY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS TURNING FAIR AND WARM AT NIGHTADVISORY: A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECTWINDS:NORTHEAST TO EAST AT 15 TO 25 KNOTSSEAS: 5 TO 8 FEET OVER THE OCEAN.CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST BAHAMASWEATHER: VARIABLE CLOUDY AND BREEZY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS MAINLY IN THE VICINITY OF THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY THROUGH TONIGHTADVISORY: SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT IN THE SOUTHEAST BAHAMAS AND A CAUTION WILL COME INTO EFFECT FOR THE CENTRAL BAHAMAS BY LATE AFTERNOONWINDS:EAST TO SOUTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS BUT INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KNOTS BY LATE AFTERNOON IN THE CENTRAL BAHAMAS….. 15 TO 25 KNOTS IN THE SOUTHEAST BAHAMAS OVER OPEN WATERS.SEAS:2 TO 4 FEET BUT BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET BY LATE AFTERNOON IN THE CENTRAL BAHAMAS….5 TO 8 FEET IN THE SOUTHEAST BAHAMASDAYTIME HIGH TEMPERATURE 90 °F 32 °COVERNITE LOW TEMPERATURE 75 °F 24 °CSUNRISE: 7:11AM SUNSET: 6:38PMMOONRISE: 7:49AM MOONSET: 6:33PMHIGH TIDE: 8:50AM & 9:07PMLOW TIDE: 3:11PM & 3:15AM SATEXTENDED FORECAST: (FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS) HIGH PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO MOVE OVER THE AREA KEEPING FRESH TO MODERATE WINDS ACROSS THE ISLANDS THROUGH SUNDAY.FORECAST FOR SATURDAYWEATHER: PARTLY SUNNY, HOT AND BREEZY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS MAINLY ACROSS THE CENTRAL ISLANDS, TURNING VARIABLY CLOUDY AND WARM WITH A FEW PASSING SHOWERS AT NIGHTWINDS: EAST TO SOUTHEAST 15 TO 25 KNOTSSEAS: 5 TO 8 FEET OVER THE OCEANFORECAST FOR SUNDAYWEATHER: MOSTLY SUNNY, HOT AND A BIT BREEZY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS OR POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS TURNING FAIR AND MILD AT NIGHTWINDS: EAST TO SOUTHEAST 15 TO 25 KNOTSSEAS: 5 TO 8 FEET OVER THE OCEANTROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK: TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED THROUGH THE NEXT 5 DAYS.FORECASTER: SHEZELLE MATHER /C.G.Photo: Beach on Berry Islands, Bahamas Related Items:
Liverpool midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri revealed that their 1-0 win at Huddersfield Town gave manager Jurgen Klopp plenty of reasons to get wound upShaqiri assisted Mohamed Salah’s 24th-minute goal at the John Smith Stadium to earn Liverpool all three points and end their four-game winless run in all competitions.But Shaqiri, who made only his second Premier League start for the Reds, confessed that Klopp was far from pleased with what he saw in the game.“He wants the best from you and always demands that you give 100 per cent,” said Shaqiri, according to Metro.Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“He is very emotional. If he sees something that is not 100 per cent normal, he will shout – and he did!“That’s normal. Everything was not perfect like he wanted it to be. In the end, we won the game and that was the most important thing. But we have to analyse what was good and what was not good.”Liverpool will next take on Red Star Belgrade in the Champions League on Wednesday, where they hope to recover from their 1-0 defeat to Napoli last time out in Group C.
Alan Shearer has blasted Manchester United saying the Premier League giants have no chance of finishing in the top four this season.The Red Devils 3-1 defeat to Liverpool has left them in sixth place, 11 points off fourth-placed Chelsea, who occupy the final UEFA Champions League position.Jose Mourinho’s men are 19 points behind leaders Liverpool, meanwhile, and Shearer insists United struggled against Jurgen Klopp’s side at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.“It’s nowhere near good enough. Get in the top four? They’ve got no chance. No chance. Manchester United have a big decision to make. They could come out and back the manager – and back him big – in January,” Shearer said, according to Sports Mole.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“If they don’t, that would be very telling as to the direction things are heading. That’s if he makes it to January. It’s tough going to Anfield, no one is denying that. Especially against this superb Liverpool team. But they were set up to be beaten, set up at best to hang on against Liverpool.”“With seemingly no belief that they could go and get a result – other than a lucky draw maybe. Liverpool went after them and Manchester United couldn’t cope.”United next travel to Wales next weekend to face Cardiff City in the Premier League.
Categories: California News, Local San Diego News, National & International News FacebookTwitter SAN DIEGO (AP) — Defense lawyers plans to go on the offensive Wednesday in the murder trial of a decorated Navy SEAL charged with killing a wounded young Islamic State prisoner in Iraq and shooting at civilians.The prosecution rested its case Tuesday in the San Diego court-martial of Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher, a Bronze Star recipient. The judge in the case rejected a defense request to issue a summary judgment finding Gallagher not guilty of murder and attempted murder.On Wednesday, the defense plans to show jurors videotaped testimony from an Iraqi general who handed over the fighter to Gallagher for medical treatment after the adolescent was wounded in an airstrike. The general gave videotaped testimony in June when he visited San Diego.Prosecution witnesses, including a fellow Navy SEAL, testified that Gallagher stabbed the prisoner twice in the neck in May 2017 and that the attack could have been fatal.Defense lawyers say testimony from the Iraqi general and other witnesses will show Gallagher isn’t guilty. They already have contended that the witnesses against him offered tainted or even false testimony. They have questioned the methodology of the chief investigator and noted the lack of a body or other physical evidence.Prosecutors called seven SEALs from the platoon to testify in the court-martial at Naval Base San Diego that started a week agoOne witness, Corey Scott, a medic, shocked the courtroom last week after he admitted to the killing, saying he plugged the militant’s breathing tube after Gallagher stabbed the boy as an act of mercy because he feared he would be tortured and possibly killed by Iraqi forces if he survived.On Tuesday, a computer specialist testified that Gallagher had texted a photo to a comrade in which he clutched the hair of the dead captive in one hand and a knife in the other.The specialist also linked Gallagher to a text message sent to a comrade that bragged: “Got him with my hunting knife.”Defense attorney Timothy Parlatore called the photos of Gallagher posing with the corpse in poor taste but not criminal. Several of the same SEALs who had testified against Gallagher also posed with the dead body in a platoon photo, he noted.No blood was found on the knife.Gallagher, 40, has pleaded not guilty to murder in the case of the prisoner and attempted murder for his alleged shooting of a young girl and elderly man in separate incidents outside Mosul. The defense said the shooting incidents were based on the accounts of one SEAL and one former SEAL who never saw Gallagher pull the trigger.Fellow defense lawyer Marc Mukasey suggested earlier Tuesday that the lead investigator, a special agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Joseph Warpinski, befriended witnesses and encouraged them to speak with each other and go after Gallagher in violation of standard investigation practices.Warpinski acknowledged making some mistakes in the hundreds of text messages he exchanged with witnesses, but denied making friends with them or encouraging them to discuss the case to get their stories straight or to target the chief. He said he had to build rapport with members of the insular special forces community to earn their trust and cooperation.Mukasey also suggested Warpinski had not asked pertinent questions of witnesses, such as the cause of death of the captive fighter and why Gallagher, an 18-year veteran and trained medic, would suddenly kill a patient he was treating for battle wounds.Scott testified that he thought the patient would have survived the stabbing, despite previously telling the prosecution his life could not have been saved. Defense to present testimony in Navy SEAL murder case June 25, 2019 AP, AP Updated: 10:49 PM Posted: June 25, 2019